Friday, April 27, 2012

It's Heating Up!

It's hot outside AND in my life right now. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just deal with ONE thing at a time?!! Packing, moving, fixing up the new house to suit us AND my sister is quite ill. That last one is a constant worry in the back of my mind. She has been shuffling back and forth from the nursing home in Muleshoe to two different hospitals in Lubbock. She has kidney failure and requires dialysis three times a week. On top of that, though, she has been dealing with continual blood infections. With all this she has become immobile and now has some pretty serious bedsores. This is another real issue for infection especially since she is also diabetic. Illness is NOT fun for anyone!!

Okay, on to a more fun topic. We recently had our Joint Services Luncheon which brings together the Spouse's Clubs in San Antonio. Randolf AFB group was in charge this year and they did a wonderful job. The theme was Breakfast At Tiffany's complete with the attendees dressing up in theme. This place has a thing for dressing up in themes! This lady won the #1 prize for her outfit.....

And the winner is....


I believe the prize was a piece of Tiffany jewelry. For the record not all military spouses are women! The guy there is the president of Randolph's spouse's club. I wish more of the male spouses would join in. There are only a few and everyone has something to contribute!








Debbie





My personal favorite was my friend Debbie.....She looked great, especially after I gave her the cigarette holder.















The table settings were really nice, just right for the theme. Every centerpiece was just a bit different. Ours had a giant 'diamond' ring in the center top.

My table


The place cards were really cool too. Very simple and just the right touch!

It's me!!

And then the cupcakes! We could choose from several flavors identifiable by the decoration. Guess which flavor I chose!! 8^)

Chocolate cupcake

I'm telling you, military spouses have ALL the fun!!

Blessings today,
gk

PS-There may be big gaps in upcoming days with all that's happening. NOT TO WORRY!! I'll get it all done eventually and pick up again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Langley's Joint Services Luncheon was nice but not as nice and fancy like yours!
    Was this the sister that we met at your house a couple years ago? She is in my prayers.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has to be since I just have the one sister! 8^)

      Delete
  2. wow, somebody spent a lot of time, money and effort to decorate for that party...looked great!
    Sorry I'm "late" but took a few days off from the computer. School is winding down so I'm not on every day all day! lots of love,
    TRC

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Dine.
    know that we are missing your photos and thinking of you. TRC

    ReplyDelete